VIC Progressive is looking to fill the position of a Business Development Manager. The primary role of the candidate is to prospect for new clients, to develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales while providing support that will continually improve the relationship.
They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This will require a thorough knowledge of the mining and drilling market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
Duties of a Business Development Manager:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
The business development management position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience, preferably in the mining or drilling industry. The candidate will bring the necessary safety awareness for the job and has to be able to travel and work flexible hours. Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office are a requirement. All other necessary training will be provided
Interested candidates should submit resumes in confidence to:
VIC Progressive / Human Resources / 'Business Development Manager'
PO BOX 4965 / Sussex, NB, E4E 5L7